Chicken and Mexican rice with Beans and Spinach

 

   Hello there, I'm back again with another recipe! One pot meals are my favorite to cook when I'm unsure of what to make for dinner but know that I want to get full. They are also really good when you think there is nothing to cook but you have different random ingredients. Just throw what you think will taste good together in a pot and try it.
   Keeping things like diced tomatoes, tomato paste, rice, bouillon cubes and cornstarch for thickening, in your pantry is a great idea. They can help turn a few random ingredients in to a full meal.
   There is no name for this meal because I simply suck at coming up with names for stuff and I just curated this. So, without further ado here is my recipe.

This recipe takes about an hour to cook with 5 min of prep

INGREDIENTS
- 2.5 cups of mexican rice
- about 7 or 8 cups of water
-3 cups of pinto beans (leftover beans from my previous recipe post)
-2 handfuls of fresh leaf spinach
-1/4 cup of tomato paste
-1/4 small onion sliced
-2 chicken drumsticks
-3 tbsp corn starch
-1 chicken bouillon cube
-salt, pepper, garlic powder
-hotsauce
-stock pot
-mug or cup

DIRECTIONS
- put water in pot, add seasonings to water and bouillon cube. Boil chicken about 35 min until it's done
- add rice cook for 15 min with lid on
- add tomato paste, onion and beans. Cook 5 more min with lid on
- put corn starch in cup, scoop out about 1 cup of broth and put it in the cup with the starch. Mix it well until the mixture is smooth then pour it in the pot. (Doing this keeps from having lumps of starch in the pot)
- add washed spinach to the meal and put it on low to keep it warm
- This is when I add my hotsauce. I like spice
-Taste to see if you like it or need to add other spices and herbs. If its good. Dig in!

Enjoy y'all!

Comments