3 Strand Twists on Locs

Today I worked on one of my regular clients. We usually do barrel twist on him (2 strand twists), but today since he is going away to college I decided to switch it up a bit and do 3 strand twists. Yes, yes I know its still twists, but that's why I said switch it up a bit. He is not very flashy and he likes to keep it simple with his hair. None the less I fell in love with this method of twisting and I will be doing it more often.
The twists created a nice amount of volume so the style didn't have that spacey look that sometimes comes along with a re-twist. Another plus is that there were less twists so it took a little less time to do. He usually will wear the twists for a couple weeks, then take them loose to wear it free for a couple weeks and then we meet again for another re-twist in about a months time.
The process of doing these twists were way easier than I expected and can be done on any hair not just locs. If I can do it I am sure you can do this on your own or someone else's hair. Try them and comment and let me know how it went or tag me on instagram so I can see you pics.
Here is a short clip of me doing a 3 strand twists on locs.

Comments