Pre Poo!!

Today I decided to do a pre poo on my hair for the first time. I made the pre poo out of simple things that I already had around the house. The mix was left in my hair for about an hour while I cleaned up the house. The ingredients will be listed below.
Homemade Moisturizing Pre Poo 
*2-3 tbsp of raw shea butter
*2-3 tbsp of conditioner
*4-5 drops of peppermint essential oil
*4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil
*4-5 drops of lavender essential oil
*about 2 1/2 tbsp of grapeseed oil
*about 2 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
* 1tbsp of coconut milk

My hair turned out very moisturized and I am happy with the results. I probably wont do this particular mix but maybe once every 3 weeks because it is thick. If I take out a style and my hair is very dry I will definitely be doing this.

Background on my hair: I took my locs out last September by combing them out. My hair was very long and I had minimal shedding. By the time February rolled around my hair had shed a lot and had a lot of split ends because I was not properly moisturizing and conditioning it after washing it. Since then I have been working really hard to maintain proper moisture in my hair, condition it and keep away the split ends. I co wash it maybe twice a week when I am just wearing it free, however I usually have my hair braided in some sort of tribal braids so I wash it once a week when I take it down with a stimulating shampoo and then a strengthening shampoo and the 3rd cleanse is done with a cream of nature co-wash. For the past 2 months I have been doing mayonnaise protein treatments on my hair twice a month. And an occasional vinegar rinse which is what I used today as well. I have natural hair and moisture is key. We will see how this goes over the next couple months. I am going to also be trying the 6 inches in 6 month challege to see just how long I can grow my hair.

Thanks for reading,

Morgan

Comments