My workout: Day 1

I was saying over and over that I was going to work out when the new year started. Well here it is the end of February and I am just now deciding to do something. Of course I have made attempts since January and gave up with each one. This time I actually kept going and pushed through the burn. What made it easier to get through was listening to Rihanna's new album on repeat, which is totally AMAZING by the way. Listening to music with a beat that is similar to the pace you are trying to go is very helpful and is definitely something that I suggest you try at home. 
During this workout session I started off with about 15 minutes of yoga. Following that I did 3 reps of 15 squats, 2 reps of 15 side leg raises (one side = one rep), 2 reps of 15 hip raises/bridge/butt lifts, 2 reps of 15 fire hydrants, and  I only managed to do 5 push ups. I finished off with 30 minutes of dancing(hard dancing) and some cool down stretches.
I have my own yoga flow that I do and it does not involve me doing anything advanced. My body feels like it is starting over from the very beginning so I have to take my time and start slow. After all, a c-section is major abdominal surgery to recover from. When I dance during the workout I keep in mind to keep my abs tight, back straight and to not strain myself. I try to do things like dance with my belly and doing a lot of squatting. The cool down stretch is pretty much a sun salutation flow. I will be starting off doing this 3 times a week and will eventually go up.

Comments