I am back and better than ever!

        Hi everyone, it is good to be back and better than ever. An effort to post more will be made. That shouldn't be a hard task right now considering I am not working and my baby is still a super sleepy head. I know that I went M.I.A for a while, but that was all for a good reason. I was busy trying to get as many hours of work in as possible before the birth of my beautiful baby girl.
        She is here now and is one of the most precious things I have ever held (I know, I know, what parent doesn't say that). She was born in my hometown of Atlanta, GA weighing 6lb 7oz and measuring 18 inches. I am still not sure if I made it a full 40 weeks or not. I'm unsure of that because I was given two different due dates. The first one was November 27th and the second one was December 15. They changed it from the original one because of her size at my 6 week ultrasound. She ended up being born on a Saturday, the day after my original due date. The doctor informed me that I was in early labor when I went in for my regular doctors appointment on that previous Wednesday. I was 5 cm dilated and didn't even know it or feel like it, I was just at work the day before serving food!
       My birth plan was to have a natural, water birth with the help of my midwife and the support of my doula and mate. It did not turn out that way. I don't know if it was because there was a large consumption of Chinese take-out just a couple hours, like two, before being induced or because I was doing too much dancing and bouncing on the birthing ball that my baby girl decide to flip and be the other way at the last minute. Here is what happened.
         I woke up around 8 o clock on Saturday November 28th and my midwife shortly after came in and told me that she would break my water to get the process going faster. I was excited about this because we were ready to meet our baby girl. The midwife suggested that I do some walking around the hallways and using the birthing ball to help with my contractions and get the labor going, so I did just that. Two hours later she came back and broke my water. Mind you before she broke it, I was checked and the baby was heads down. Once the water was broken, she checked again and she no longer felt a head but a butt. When she said that I was very upset and heart broken. That was an indicator that something in my birth plan was going to have to change. The midwife then informed me that I was going to have an emergency c-section because there were no doctors on staff to deliver a breech baby. I was very upset and then came the paper work, me being very angry because I am in pain and the medication that I did not intend on needing or taking. Once in the operating room is when the tears began. I wasn't necessarily sad because I was sliced open but more so because I was getting drugged and going against my plan.
         Long story short, I ended up having a emergency c-section and our beautiful baby was brought into this world a healthy 6lb 7oz. She has taken up my time before and after birth and that is totally reasonable. I really want to talk about the different things that I went through to help out those that think they are the only ones. With that being said, look forward to those posts.I am back and the blog will be better than ever!
                                                                                                
                                                                                                                  TTYL

Comments